The EFF is requesting full disk encryption as an option on the (non-alternate) CD

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 4 08:51:36 UTC 2012

On 01/04/2012 07:44 AM, Scott Ritchie wrote:
> And they're asking people to go to brainstorm:
>
> https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/05/help-bring-disk-encryption-ubuntu-live-cd
>
> What was the reason we aren't doing this already?
>
> Thanks,
> Scott Ritchie

We decided not to do any major changes to Ubiquity for 12.04, instead
focusing on stability and bug fixes.

Full disk encryption, LVM support and RAID are I think the most
requested new features for Ubiquity's partitioner and I'm sure we'll get
there soon though an LTS is usually a bad time for that kind of change
to a critical part of the install process.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer