Cross toolchain for lucid updated

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org
Wed Feb 29 13:23:38 UTC 2012

Linaro cross toolchain backport PPA [1] got updated to recent Ubuntu
12.04 versions:

- gcc 4.5.3
- gcc 4.6.2
- binutils 2.22
- eglibc 2.15
- linux 3.2

I tested both compiler versions against few packages, U-Boot and Linux
2.6.32.

Those packages may also work under Ubuntu 10.10 'maverick' and 11.04
'natty' but it was not tested. Users of Ubuntu 11.10 'oneiric' may
install libmpfr1ldbl package [2] and then use 'lucid' repository to
install cross compiler while I will prepare packages for their version
of Ubuntu.

Please report any problems with those backported packages in launchpad

1. https://launchpad.net/~linaro-maintainers/+archive/toolchain
2. http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/libmpfr1ldbl
3. https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gcc-4.5-armel-cross/+bugs
4. https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gcc-4.5-armel-cross/+bugs