What are you doing next Friday?

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 27 16:33:25 UTC 2012

Hello everybody,

next Friday is not only our next Fix-It Friday, but it also coincides
with Ubuntu Global Jam. This will be a nice opportunity to get new
contributors involved in bug fixing.

= Tasks =

Maybe we can brainstorm a bit about what we'd like new contributors to
work on? On the Ubuntu Global Jam wiki page we currently list our FTBFS
and the RCbugs list, and more generally Harvest. Is there anything else
you'd like to see added?

= Sponsorship =

We are currently not doing that great, partly because some patch pilots
didn't do their shifts recently. We currently have 65 items in total in
the queue: 1 from 2011, 7 from January, 10 from February but older than
2 weeks, etc. This is a shame. Some contributors have been waiting quite
a while, when we probably should have told them earlier already that
their contribution does not fit in.

It'd be good to clear out the list soon again - it will give us all much
better visibility on what currently is still outstanding in terms of
good fixes and obviously the release better as well if fixes get in and
get tested before we release. :-)

= Participation =

Fix It Friday last week was great and I'm sure this week we can do even
better. Just make sure you are in #ubuntu-motu and help us review a few
incoming items and answer some of the incoming questions. If you can
help getting the word out, that'd be great too.

All of the points above shouldn't be huge amounts of work. If we can add
a few interesting TODO items, if we all review one or two sponsoring
items each, if we all hang out in #ubuntu-motu next Friday and mention
the event to interested folks, this is going to be a fantastic event! :-)

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
And follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/gplus.to