[CFT] RC6 Enabled by Default on Sandy Bridge

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Fri Feb 24 05:21:55 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-02-18 at 13:07 -0800, Leann Ogasawara wrote:
[...]
> If you are running Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise Pangolin) and willing to test
> and provide feedback, please refer to our PowerManagementRC6 wiki for
> detailed instructions [3].  Additionally, instructions for reporting any
> issues with RC6 enabled are also noted on the wiki.  We would really
> appreciate any testing and feedback users are able to provide.

I first want to thank everyone who has already tested and provided their
feedback.  It is very much appreciated.  There has however been some
recent developments with the current RC6 patch which originated this
call for testing.  An adjustment has been made to that original patch:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/intel-gfx/2012-February/015319.html

We're hoping this fix resolves the remaining issues when RC6 is enabled
by default.  A test kernel has already been built and posted to the RC6
bugs noted in the PowerManagementRC6 wiki [3].

For anyone else who was interested in testing, and wants to re-test, I
ask that you please hold off until we are able to upload this additional
fix.  I hope to get a Beta Freeze exception for this and intend follow
up with the Release Team accordingly.  I will respond to this email once
we have an official kernel in the archive ready for additional testing.

Thanks again,
Leann Ogasawara