FixIt Friday

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 22 15:10:32 UTC 2012

Hello everybody,

as we have reached Feature Freeze now is a time where more and more
interested Ubuntu users are going to upgrade to 12.04. This is also a
great opportunity in terms of bringing people on board in fixing bugs.

I'd like to propose that until release we hold Friday FixIt Fridays (if
somebody feels creative and has a better suggestion for a name, please
let me know) every Friday until release. This would be a day where we
invite interested contributors to #ubuntu-motu, tell them to read the
new Packaging Guide before and maybe advertise a list of TODO items we
compiled before. It would be great to have some of us in the channel
where we can answer questions which come up and maybe sponsor some of
the resulting patches.

Obviously everyone can get involved in fixing bugs at any time, but
making this a weekly event will make this interesting and inviting. We
just need to make sure that somebody is in #ubuntu-motu to answer
questions every now and then and review a patch or problem occasionally.
If we all keep an eye on it and spend a little bit of time each, this
could be what the Sponsorship Friday was 2 weeks ago. By just being
there and helping out a bit, we are going to have an atmosphere of
fixing bugs together, which for new starters is just great.

I will mention this tomorrow in the weekly development update and I
would appreciate you being around in #ubuntu-motu and helping out a
little. Also please help spread the news.

Also will this give us feedback about what we might want to fix in tools
or documentation.

If you have any suggestions or questions, please share them here. :-)

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
And follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/gplus.to