Call for new ARB members

Bhavani Shankar R bhavi at ubuntu.com
Wed Dec 19 14:05:02 UTC 2012

It's time for a recruiting round for the Application Review Board, as
"we have 4 seats open yet out of the 7 seats". If you're interested,
please send a quick email to the team mailing list (app-review-board
at lists.ubuntu.com) by latest January 14th, and we'll walk you
through the details of signing up. Mandatory requirement is you need
to be an Ubuntu Developer to qualify, and will need an endorsement
from at least one other Ubuntu Developer.

You'll find more details on what it means to be an ARB member and the
process of adding new members to the team at:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AppReviewBoard/Responsibilities
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AppReviewBoard/Restaffing

Full disclosure: we're currently wading our way through a backlog of
~200 package submissions from the recent wildly successful Ubuntu App
Showdown. You can see the full list at:

https://myapps.developer.ubuntu.com/dev/arb/

There's substantial interest in automating as much of the review process
as possible [1], so beyond general packaging skills and an interest in
training new developers, Ideal candidates would have some
interest/experience in things like creating new lintian checks,
generating apparmor profiles, or otherwise improving the tools to assist
package reviews. Experience in MOTU, Core Dev, Archive Admin, Backports,
DMB, or Debian Developer/Maintainer would be considered a plus, but not
required.

Let us know if you have any questions,

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AppDevUploadProcess

On Behalf of the Ubuntu Application Review Board,

Regards,

--
Bhavani Shankar
Ubuntu Developer       |  www.ubuntu.com