Call for testing: proxy support

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre mathieu-tl at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 31 20:25:39 UTC 2012

Hi!

At the last UDS we discussed making Ubuntu fully proxy-compatible [1].
This is a first step towards improving the experience for those who
use proxy servers and have to travel or move around a lot (which means
they tend to have to enable and disable proxy repeatedly).

We'd need your help in testing various applications available on
Ubuntu, with a special focus on the default Ubuntu Desktop. If you
have to use proxy servers regularly, or if you're just interested in
proxy servers, please look around if you can spot a bug or two, and
don't hesitate to report them.

If you're just interested in proxy servers; I wrote up a documentation
page [2] on the wiki which explains how to set up a proxy server, how
to configure a client to use it, and how to verify that requests are
really going through the proxy.

If you have questions or run into issues, please feel free to ping me
(cyphermox) on IRC in #ubuntu-desktop or #ubuntu-bugs.

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-q-full-proxy-support
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Proxy

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre <mathieu-tl at ubuntu.com>
Freenode: cyphermox, Jabber: mathieu.tl at gmail.com
4096R/EE018C93 1967 8F7D 03A1 8F38 732E  FF82 C126 33E1 EE01 8C93