Proposal to drop Ubuntu alternate CDs for 12.10

a.grandi at gmail.com a.grandi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 09:49:27 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 29 August 2012 12:04, Dmitrijs Ledkovs <dmitrij.ledkov at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> For the above to reasons you can use:
>
> * mini or netinst or server images
>
> Which are "Alternative Installer" without packages, the latest
> versions will be retrieved over the network.
>
> Are you doing installs where there is (i) no network available and
> (ii) no local mirror available?

yes, sometimes network is not available or we have a slow DSL
connection (2 Mbit).
We also have to make many installs. It's already a big work to
download all updates, but if we had to download all packages due to a
netinstall it would be even more hard.

--
Andrea Grandi - Nokia-DX/Tampere / Qt Ambassador
Ubuntu Member: https://launchpad.net/~andreagrandi