Installing on RAID with Ubiquity [was: Proposal to drop Ubuntu alternate CDs for 12.10]

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 29 05:32:31 UTC 2012

Steve Langasek [2012-08-28 16:12 -0700]:

Filed as http://pad.lv/104309

Filed as http://pad.lv/1043096

> I'm not convinced that this is an install method we would want to recommend
> to users

Heh, certainly not. But if these two issues were fixed, then someone
who already knows how to use mdadm would get a working result, so it
might be a little less painful in some circumstances.

> , but it seems like the work to fix these issues would be a
> prerequisite for supporting RAID in ubiquity - so yes, please file
> bugs about this.

Done.

Thanks,

Martin