Proposal to drop Ubuntu alternate CDs for 12.10

Barry Warsaw barry at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 27 22:41:52 UTC 2012

On Aug 27, 2012, at 02:50 PM, Steve Langasek wrote:

>Please note one implication here that, with the possibility of not having
>i386 server CDs for 12.10, the only install option for an i386 user wanting
>RAID on a desktop would be to install via netboot or with the mini ISO.

I would just say that, at least the last time I tried to do a netboot, it
wasn't easy.  The documentation was difficult to find, somewhat out of date,
and didn't describe exactly what and where to download the necessary bits and
pieces.

It's been a little while so I don't remember the details, but maybe part of
the task of dropping the alt CDs should include reviewing the available
documentation for netboot and mini ISO for up-to-dated-ness.

Cheers,
-Barry