UDS Sponsorship

Jono Bacon jono at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 14 23:04:16 UTC 2012

Hi All,

The Ubuntu Developer Summit (http://uds.ubuntu.com/) (UDS) is the most
important event in the Ubuntu calendar. It is where we get together to
discuss, design, and plan the next version of Ubuntu; in this case the
Ubuntu 13.04 release.

The next UDS takes place at **Bella Centre, Copenhagen, Denmark** from
the **29th Oct – 1st Nov**. You can find out more about why UDS is
interesting from the perspective of a member of the community
(http://uds.ubuntu.com/participate/community), an upstream contributor
(http://uds.ubuntu.com/participate/upstreams), and a vendor
(http://uds.ubuntu.com/participate/vendors). We also welcome everyone
to participate remotely (http://uds.ubuntu.com/participate/remote) if
you can't attend the event in person. More more details on how to get
there, see [this page](http://uds.ubuntu.com/travel/).

At the heart of a great UDS is a diverse group of attendees who can
bring their experience and expertise to the discussions. You don't
have to be technical, or be a programmer or packager to attend - UDS
is open to everyone (including non-Ubuntu folks) and free to attend.
We encourage everyone with an interest in Ubuntu to attend.

## Sponsorship

For every UDS Canonical sponsors the hotel and accommodation of a set
of community members to ensure they are free to contribute and bring
value to the discussions. We have a limited budget so we can't sponsor
everyone, but we are always keen to have a capable and diverse group
to sponsor:

 * We strive to support community members who are actively involved in
Ubuntu and who are providing *significant and sustained* contributions
to the Ubuntu project.
 * We always welcome Upstream contributors who are bring value to
Ubuntu indirectly via active participation in their upstream project,
but who are keen to see quality support for that upstream in Ubuntu.
 * Contributors are willing to actively participate not only
throughout the full Ubuntu Developer Summit week, but also following
with active contributions throughout the release cycle.
 * We are always keen to welcome members of the community who have
never been to UDS before and are keen to participate and experience
the event.
 * You don’t have to provide technical contributions to apply – if you
have participated in the areas of advocacy, documentation, testing,
art, design etc, you are encouraged to apply.
 * UDS is an event that encourages diversity – we welcome everyone to
apply for sponsorship, irrespective of gender, race, impairment,
technical expertise, or other factors.

If you are participating in the Ubuntu community, we would love you to
apply for sponsorship. This is how it works:

 1. You can apply for sponsorship by filling in
http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-r/sponsorship/. The deadline for
submissions is **Mon 20th August 2012** so be sure to get yours in!
 2. When the deadline is reached we will assess the applications and
finalize who we will be able to sponsor.
 3. You will then receive an email outlining whether we can sponsor you or not.

Simple! I look forward to seeing your applications!

--
Jono Bacon
Ubuntu Community Manager