Gentle reminder: Please check Vcs fields in a source package when working on it.

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 13 05:32:21 UTC 2012

Hey folks,
I had to spend a small amount of time merging changes from the archive into a package's bzr branch after I realized I uploaded a new revision of the packages from a bzr branch with sed changes not included. This is just a reminder to check to see if a package has a Vcs field on it when working on a package outside your own team.

So far as I know, all bzr branches for package maintenance outside of the UDD namespace are writable if you are in ubuntu-core-dev. I know of at least the desktop team and the audio team are, and likely others. Its not usually a problem fetching and merging previously overwritten changes, but it does mean more time is otherwise spent making sure nothing is lost.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Luke nothing