Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Tue Aug 7 10:22:32 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 06, 2012 at 09:13:33AM +0200, Didier Roche wrote:
> I don't know where are the state of our C++ libs, but I got
> confirmation that after they got the gcc 4.7 ABI fix for c++11, they
> indeed rebuild the whole std stack, including libsigc++.

Its the libs that I care about. Also note:

 http://jaegerandi.blogspot.de/2012/07/gcc-47-c-abi-changes-and-opensuse-122.html

OpenSUSE seeing the necessity to rebuild the whole stack. I dont think they did
that just for fun.

> Are we safe in that regard? (can I try to switch unity back to 4.7?)

I dont think you were ever any safer by using 4.6 against other libs having
still incompatible C++11 ABI dirt in them? It only helps you against your own
code being dirty.

Best,

Bjoern