Minutes from the 12.04.1 team meeting (Thursday 2nd of August)
stgraber at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 6 15:43:20 UTC 2012
The seventh 12.04.1 team meeting took place at 14:00 UTC on Thursday the
2nd of August 2012.
== Attendees ==
* stgraber (chair)
== Notes ==
=== Deadlines ===
The upcoming deadlines are:
* last Thursday 21:00 UTC: Beginning of PointReleaseProcess and
* 2012/08/09: KernelFreeze, LanguageTranslationDeadline, SRU Fix
* 2012/08/16: FinalFreeze, ReleaseNoteFreeze
* 2012/08/23: Ubuntu 12.04.1
=== Bugs ===
The number of targeted bugs went from 106 last week to 75!
Of these 75, 32 are in fix commited state (likely waiting in -proposed)
and 9 are marked "in progress" (waiting to be approved).
So that's 34 bugs that still need fixing of which 12 aren't assigned to
The full list of bugs can be found at:
The list of remaining bugs to fix can be found at: http://goo.gl/RUiZe
Some of these aren't assigned to someone yet: http://goo.gl/22zV2
Bugs that haven't been directly discussed and agreed on with the release
team will be moved to 12.04.2 at this point.
If a fix that's not in -proposed or in the queue at this point, needs to
get in 12.04.1, please get in touch with seb128, skaet or stgraber.
(By e-mail or #ubuntu-release on IRC).
=== Oversizedness ===
A live-build fix is currently in precise-proposed and needs testing on
the builders. This should help reduce by around 2MB the size of the live
medias, though up to 7MB may still need freeing. Work on this will
continue this week.
== Team status updates ==
- Server: Still no clear plan for MaaS, might see something landing
this week (will required exception).
- Desktop: Mostly done for .1, some bugs didn't make it but that's not
the end of the world and these weren't important for the iso. nux and
some other updates are still in the queue. Unity update was delayed as
considered too risky for .1. The desktop team would like to see whoopsie
turned off, a conversation will be started on the release mailing list.
- QA: Found bug 1029531, continued doing SRU verification, found a
problem with wubi image generation overwriting the quanal ones. Been
sprinting all week.
- PES: highbank enablement landed in -updates, armadaxp is being tested
- Foundations: Cleaned up the bug list, eglibc update should be
uploaded very soon, some verification work, uploaded ubiquity and
base-files in preparation for .1.
- Release: tracking the translation work, precise builds are now
happening for every image taking part in .1, will now start work on the
- L1: Some more work on the point release bug report.
== Actions ==
* xnox to liase with ballons, gema and jibel w.r.t. fs/storage testing
* Flavor leads participating, please verify that the images are as you
expect, and start smoke testing tomorrow to make sure all the right
12.04.1 bits are in place.
== Next meeting ==
Full meeting log is available here:
The next meeting will be on Thursday the 9th of August at 14:00 UTC
(#ubuntu-meeting on freenode).
Useful resources and the meeting agenda are available at:
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 900 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the ubuntu-devel