syncing from testing? [was: Quantal open for development]

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Mon Apr 30 21:32:14 UTC 2012

On Monday, April 30, 2012 04:07:08 PM Iain Lane wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 04:24:34PM +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> > Matthias Klose [2012-04-30 15:17 +0200]:
> > > Quantal is now open for development, with syncs from unstable starting
> > > shortly.>
> > So we resolved to unstable after all? From the quick discussion last
> > Friday in #ubuntu-release it was not quite clear yet, and there were
> > some voices (including mine) favoring autosyncs from testing.
>
> Seems this sentence was a mistake (at least for now). Quoting #-release:
>
> 30/04 14:24:00 <Laney> "syncs from unstable": it changed then?
> 30/04 14:25:59 <cjwatson> Laney: Hm, communication glitch
> 30/04 14:26:05 <cjwatson> I was intending to run syncs from testing
> until UDS

When you all that will be at UDS discuss this, would you please decide once
and for all that Ubuntu will sync from Testing for LTS and Unstable for non-
LTS by default (there may, someday be a reason to diverge from this for a
cycle) so that we don't have to keep revisiting the "which release do we sync
from" question.  I think the answer is generally clear and it's a waste of
energy to keep asking the same question again and again when we ~always get
the same answer.

Scott K