New Contributor Feedback - 12.04

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Tue Apr 17 02:58:16 UTC 2012

On Monday, April 16, 2012 04:08:03 PM Andrew Starr-Bochicchio wrote:
> The area where we received the most feedback was documentation. While our
> existing documentation was quite helpful for some, we heard from even more
> contributors who found it wanting. As one goal of the process was to find
> stumbling blocks for new contributors, this was unsurprising.

If there's some way to reach out to the contributors that were having problems
with documentation, I think it would be good to give them a call to contribute
to documentation.  Only new (or semi-new) contributors can make good
documentation that's useful for brand new people.  The rest of us either know
or have forgotten too much about what it's like to be new.  I would highly
encourage them to invest some of their Ubuntu contribution time in improving
the documentation for new people.

Scott K