[ubuntu/oneiric] zope.interface 3.6.1-1ubuntu1 (Accepted)

Barry Warsaw barry at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 15 18:11:00 UTC 2011

On Sep 15, 2011, at 07:58 PM, Gediminas Paulauskas wrote:

>OK, from man dh_python2:
>
>"It's  still  a  good idea to provide __init__.py file in one of
>binary packages (even if all other packages use this feature)."
>
>Now I see that postinst script calls pycompile that creates the
>__init__.py files. And the time when files may be not available are
>between unpack and postinst, but a daemon restarting at the same time
>may catch exactly that moment?

So it sounds like my concern is addressed (i.e. that dh_python2 can handle the
situation), although there is a small window of opportunity for a bit of
havoc.  Short of a specific bug report to that effect, reverting the change is
the right way to go, so thanks for that!

>>> It also fixes an awful problem in oneiric, if schooltool is installed:
>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/zope.interface/+bug/851038

Thanks also for fixing this one in a different way.

Cheers,
-Barry