[ubuntu/oneiric] zope.interface 3.6.1-1ubuntu1 (Accepted)

Barry Warsaw barry at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 15 15:42:50 UTC 2011

On Sep 15, 2011, at 05:29 PM, Matthias Klose wrote:

> On 09/15/2011 05:00 PM, Gediminas Paulauskas wrote:
>> zope.interface (3.6.1-1ubuntu1) oneiric; urgency=low
>>
>>   * debian/rules: no longer install zope/__init__.py, dh_python2 will create
>>     it for us.
>>

>pretty please, can we revert this immediately? There is absolutely *no*
>reason to do that.  We didn't make that whole conversion to not create files
>on installation time, just to introduce it for another class of files again.

Is it compatible with dh_python2 to have one binary package install the
namespace's __init__.py?  I know that dh_python2 manages them when no other
packages installs them, but I don't know when a dependency adds the namespace
__init__.py file.

(As you know, PEP 382 or 402 will only be for Python 3.3, although there's a
slim chance of a Python 2 back port.)

-Barry