libvigraimpex

Barry Warsaw barry at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 19 21:15:50 UTC 2011

I'm looking at the package differences for libvigraimpex for Precise:

    http://tinyurl.com/3ww7na4

Looking at the Ubuntu deltas, I'm inclined to just sync from testing.  I have
a question about one of the changes though.  Here are the changes I think we
can ignore, either because they are no longer relevant, or have been applied
to the Debian version.

libvigraimpex (1.7.0+dfsg-7ubuntu7) oneiric; urgency=low
  * Backport from Debian (Jakub Wilk, LP: #829462):
    - Update docsrc-doxygen-1.7.diff to deal with the latest Doxygen.

- applied in Debian

libvigraimpex (1.7.0+dfsg-7ubuntu6) natty; urgency=low
  * Adjust symbols file for ppc64.

- appears to be no longer relevant since debian/libvigraimpex2.symbols is
  replaced with d/libvigraimpex3.symbols

libvigraimpex (1.7.0+dfsg-7ubuntu5) natty; urgency=low
  * No change rebuild to pick up numpy 1.5.  (LP: #711468)

- obvious

libvigraimpex (1.7.0+dfsg-7ubuntu4) natty; urgency=low
  * Build to add support for python2.7.
  * Temporarily build using g++-4.4 and sort out the symbol mismatches
    with g++-4.5 later. LP: #689247.

- #1 is obvious, #2 debian builds with g++-4.6

libvigraimpex (1.7.0+dfsg-7ubuntu3) maverick; urgency=low
  * python-vigra: Make the recommendation of python-h5py a suggestion.

- see below

libvigraimpex (1.7.0+dfsg-7ubuntu2) maverick; urgency=low
  * vigranumpy/lib/__init__.py: Don't fail on import of missing
    HDF5 functions (which are not used in this module).

- debian already has this patch

libvigraimpex (1.7.0+dfsg-7ubuntu1) maverick; urgency=low
  * Remove build dependency on libhdf5-serial-dev (universe).  Reconsider
    after the release of maverick. LP: #635891.
  * debian/libvigraimpex2.symbols: Mark HDF5 symbols as optional.

- so, it's after maverick and let's reconsider!  Look at bug #635891 for
  details.  If we MIR python-h5py and hfd5, then we can just sync to Debian
  and be done with it.  Otherwise, I'll need to re-apply these deltas.

Because the Wheezy version of the package appears to build just fine (modulo
component mismatch), I'm going to trigger the sync.  Please let me know
whether you think it's better to MIR the universe packages or re-apply the
Ubuntu deltas.  Doing that after the sync completes still appears to be
easier than trying to do a merge.

Cheers,
-Barry