Precise open for development
doko at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 14 15:34:00 UTC 2011
Precise is now open for development, with syncs from testing starting shortly.
The development version starts with an
- an updated GCC (4.6.x, Linaro 2011-10) and binutils (2.22 branch),
- gnat-4.6 as the default gnat,
- python2.6 dropped from the list of supported python 2.x versions,
- merged dpkg, debhelper and cdbs,
- the swig version updated from 1.3 to 2.0,
- jpeg8 as the default jpeg version.
In preparation for the LTS, syncs will run from the Debian testing distribution.
If you require a sync request from unstable, please file a sync request (or sync
on your own).
Please do avoid syncing libraries changing the soname from unstable or
experimental. These may still show build failures in dependent packages, which
are not yet fixed in Debian experimental or unstable. Wait until these can be
synced/merged from testing.
When merging or requesting a sync, please look at the list of known build
failures ( and ); bugs (tagged `ftbfs') are filed for every packages which
fails to build from source. Please close these with the merged uploads.
Please check your uploads in a precise chroot, don't just test in an oneiric
environment. See  how to setup such a development chroot.
ubuntu-devel-announce mailing list
ubuntu-devel-announce at lists.ubuntu.com
More information about the ubuntu-devel