Getting new packages into Ubuntu

Alex Chiang achiang at canonical.com
Mon Oct 10 16:00:37 UTC 2011

* Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com>:
> On Monday, October 10, 2011 08:49:37 AM Alex Chiang wrote:
> > * Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com>:
> > > Where else is there a site that you can upload successive
> > > versions of packages with the same version number and see
> > > diffs between the uploads?
> >
> > mentors.debian.net ?
> >
> > It's what I recently used when I wanted to get a package into
> > Ubuntu... I pushed it into Debian first.
>
> That's certainly a great (and generally preferred) way to do
> it.  I don't think it supports this particular functionality,
> however.

Hm, I think you're right.

You can upload the same package multiple times with the same
version number, but I don't see a way to easily find the diff.

Here's the first package I saw on the page...
	http://mentors.debian.net/package/snes9x

Perhaps mentors.d.n could be taught to keep a few older versions
and then do the diffs?

/ac

ps, my mails are getting held up in moderation