Getting new packages into Ubuntu

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 10 09:49:54 UTC 2011

Salut Sébastien,

Am 10.10.2011 11:32, schrieb Sebastien Bacher:
> Thinking a bit about that, is there any reason we don't recommend in
> that list to use the appreview board and get things in
> extras.ubuntu.com? Getting things in the main archive and following the
> Ubuntu cycles means extra work and less flexibility, most software
> writes nowadays probably want the ppa or extras flexibility to
> distribute their softwares

no objections from me. If we offer different processes to get new
packages into Ubuntu, two things matter to me:

 - the process should be working well and the docs clear and tools
   easy to use
 - we should make sure that we explain the advantages and expectations
   of the processes clearly

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
Stay up to date: follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com