proposal do disallow syncs of library packages from experimental without approval

Soren Hansen soren at
Wed Oct 5 20:53:08 UTC 2011

2011/10/5 Colin Watson <cjwatson at>:
> I don't want to add extra archive-admin checking to the sync process;
> firstly, we're moving towards self-service syncs anyway, and secondly,
> as the libav example shows, syncs aren't really special here.

I agree that this shouldn't be an archive-admin job. However, due to
the binaries land in the NEW queue (assuming the binary package name
is based off of the soname), they seem like a natural *gatekeeper*,
even though they might not be the actual *reviewer*. Perhaps some sort
of integration (if not directly, then by way of a Greasemonkey script
or whatever) between Launchpad's binary NEW queue page and the library
transition tracker could help by indicating whether this is an
expected, planned transition (i.e. a red warning light if there's no
corresponding transition in the transition tracker or something to
that effect.)?

Soren Hansen        |
Ubuntu Developer    |
OpenStack Developer |