proposal do disallow syncs of library packages from experimental without approval

Stefano Rivera stefanor at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 5 18:59:09 UTC 2011

Hi Barry (2011.10.05_20:35:43_+0200)
> Maybe we need to find ways to flag such potentially troublesome syncs early in
> the process, so that it's more clear to the developer and/or sponsor.

I feel that it should be obvious, if we are actually making any effort
to review the sync, beyond "does it build".

The changelog normally mentions new packages, and other ABI breakage.
And when something is coming from experimental, it should be easy to see
if it'll require a transition.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera