Dropping i386 non-PAE as a supported kernel flavour in Precise Pangolin

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 22:13:17 UTC 2011

Laptops were still being produced without pae support after pentium 4 came
out. I have a laptop from the early 2000s (second hand, so don't know the
exact year, but an old dorm mate had it as her laptop when she started uni
in 2004, so I'd guess that's the year) that kernel panics on pae kernels
(learned that when I put ubuntu server on in 2007). It's the edubuntu one
for teaching little cousins to code now.

Maco