Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)
jonathan at ubuntu.com
Sun Nov 6 23:32:31 UTC 2011
I was just taking a peek on the Ubuntu Apps Directory  and noticed
that it only lists Ubuntu codenames for the release.
Many users, and especially newcomers to Ubuntu often have problems
remembering which release maps to which version.
Wouldn't it be appropriate to always include the Ubuntu version number
when presenting a list of Ubuntu releases to a user?
* Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx)
* Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat)
* Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty Narhwal)
* Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot)
* Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin)
I think that having consistent and clear versioning will be beneficial
to Ubuntu users.
More information about the ubuntu-devel