Using -v when merging from Debian

Barry Warsaw barry at ubuntu.com
Fri May 27 18:04:15 UTC 2011

On May 27, 2011, at 12:01 PM, Micah Gersten wrote:

>This is a friendly reminder that when merging a package from Debian,
>to use -v when building the source package.  You pass it the last
>version that was in Ubuntu and it'll include everything after that in
>the _source.changes file.  This allows all the recorded changes to
>show up on the -changes mailing list and any LP bugs closed in Debian
>to be auto-closed.

Also, as I just learned, if you're using UDD, when you build the source
package use the --package-merge option, e.g.:

$ bzr bd -S --package-merge

From the help:

  --package-merge       Build using the appropriate -v and -sa options for
                        merging in the changes from another source.

This bug tracks my inquiry as to why this can't just be the default:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/udd/+bug/788349

Cheers,
-Barry