We need more bitesize bugs

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Tue May 24 14:09:21 UTC 2011

Hello everybody,

if you come across bugs that are easy to solve or could where you could
imagine helping somebody solve them, please tag them as 'bitesize'.

A script that adds the tag, subscribes you and adds a comment to the bug
report was just added to ubuntu-dev-tools (it's called "bitesize") and
will hopefully soon end up in natty-backports too.

We get more and more people who are excited about helping out, who read
some documentation and are just blocked on finding a simple task they
can get started with.

Just to clarify:

 - if it's a simple bug, but it's a blocker for you, just go and fix it
   yourself - no need to wait for a willing contributor. :-)
 - if the correct way to fix it, is to submit it upstream, then that's
   what we should expect from the contributors and help them do it. It
   does not necessarily need to result in an Ubuntu upload.

I plan to refer new contributors to bitesize bugs more this cycle and
it'd be great if we had a nice list of simple issues waiting for them.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--