Transitions in progress

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Fri May 20 12:32:54 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 01:13:11PM -0700, Allison Randal wrote:
> On 05/18/2011 02:34 AM, Colin Watson wrote:
> >   * Perl 5.12
> >     http://orangesquash.org.uk/~laney/transitions/perl.html
> >
> >     You've almost certainly noticed this if you've attempted an upgrade
> >     to Oneiric.  This is mostly done now, and is down to a few handfuls
> >     of build failures of various levels of oddness.  I've mostly run out
> >     of steam on diagnosing this lot, so if anyone would like to attack
> >     some of the failures so that we can get rid of the last 5.10
> >     dependencies, please do.
> >
> >     In order to actually remove libperl5.10, we'll also need to fix
> >     http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=581950.
>
> I'll help here.

That would be marvellous, thanks!

> Have you been using a standard tag (like Debian's
> 'perl-5.12-transition') for related bugs?

Yes, that exact same tag in fact (coincidentally), although I've only
applied it to
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libgstreamer-perl/+bug/749146
so far and that's fixed now.  I'm not very good at doing mass bug filing
for this kind of thing.

Similarly, I've tagged a couple of bugs 'openssl-1.0.0-transition'.

This Debian usertag may be useful too (it may have been the one you
meant):

  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=perl-5.12-transition-ftbfs-sid;users=debian-perl@lists.debian.org