[Oneiric topic] Ubuntu Friendly HW Validation Program

Ara Pulido ara at ubuntu.com
Sat May 7 17:18:02 UTC 2011

Hello!

On the Hardware Certification team we would love to start a new
community driven hardware validation program that we are calling Ubuntu
Friendly:

    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuFriendly

This will be a non-commercial programme, and the goal is to have a list
of systems that are known to be working fine with Ubuntu, that are
Ubuntu Friendly, based on test results sent by Ubuntu users.

We will have to UDS sessions (on Wednesday) to talk about the specifics
and to get input for anyone interested in having such programme in Ubuntu:

 * Ubuntu Friendly Hardware Validation Programme [1]

    This blueprint will contain the work needed to be done in terms of
the programme itself: description of the programme, governance, etc.

 * Community Hardware Testing Infrastructure [2]

    This blueprint will contain the work needed to be done in terms of
the technical infrastructure that is required to make the programme
possible: testing tools, backend infrastructure, etc.

Hope to see you there!

Cheers!
Ara.

[1]