Suggestion for patch pilot reports

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Thu May 5 14:57:29 UTC 2011

Hi there,

On Thu, May 05, 2011 at 09:08:49AM -0400, Etienne Goyer wrote:
>Hi guys,
>
>Even though I am not involved in the SRU process, I systematically skim
>the patch pilot report in case an upcoming SRU would be of interest to
>me.  The important bit for me is to know which package is about to get
>updated.  I am sure I'm not the only one doing that.  Usually, it is
>possible to infer which package is being worked on from the branch name
>or some other detail.  But if you list only a bug number, we cannot
>really tell.  So, if possible, I suggest you guys give some clue as to
>which packages the SRU you worked on relate.  That would be helpful to
>people like me that are just keeping an eye on what's going on.

If you're interested in tracking SRUs then you might find it more
instructive to watch the bugs that ~ubuntu-sru are subscribed to

   https://bugs.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-sru

(this query could do with some refining), the pending SRU report

   http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/pending-sru.html

which shows already-uploaded SRUs that need verification, or the
UNAPPROVED queues for the various stable releases, for example

   https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/natty/+queue?queue_state=1&queue_text=

which shows uploads into -proposed that have yet to be
accepted/rejected. The patch pilot reports just document what a sponsor
did to get a fix into the archive; these links let you see tangible
outcomes.

HTH,
Iain