Using something better than Gobby for session notes at UDS

Greg Grossmeier greg at grossmeier.net
Thu Mar 24 20:10:01 UTC 2011

<quoting name="Jorge O. Castro" date="2011-03-24" time="15:35:05 -0400">
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Brad Figg <brad.figg at canonical.com> wrote:
> > Can we please consider an alternative such as:
> >   pad.ubuntu-uk.org
> >   https://docs.google.com/a/ubuntu.com
>
> I would prefer moving to the web for some other reasons (Regardless of
> wether it's etherpad or gdocs or whatever):

I believe that 1)
>  - We have a URL to the notes that we can just link in the schedule so
> it's easy to get to the notes instead of digging in gobby.

and 2)
>  - Anyone not involved in UDS can just browse what they're interested
> in instead of installing software to get to the information, it would
> make UDS lower barrier and more transparent.

are really really important and worth the extra(?) bit of time setting up
a web-based multi-user collaboration system. There is no reason our notes
should be, effectievly, hidden on a server only accessible via an
application that few people know about. I do feel it is important to be
able to give someone a simple URL to view some simple text about
something very important to the development of Ubuntu.

Greg

--
|       Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |