Using something better than Gobby for session notes at UDS

Dave Walker DaveWalker at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 24 20:55:05 UTC 2011

On 24/03/11 20:44, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 06:35:05AM EST, Jorge O. Castro wrote:
>> I would prefer moving to the web for some other reasons (Regardless of
>> wether it's etherpad or gdocs or whatever):
> If we move to anything other than a dedicated GTK based application, we need to consider accessibility implications. Etherpad is manageable by myself and others with Orca, but not perfect. I dare say Google Docs would be much worse, given the way Google has implemented the interface.
>
> I will always favour a dedicated desktop app over any web solution any day.
>
> Luke

Hi Luke,

This is naturally an important concern.  Are you are of specific
usabiluty issues, and if so - have they been reported to the upstream
project[0]?  I am loosely involved with the upstream project, and would
like to ensure that issues like this do not exist.

Thanks.

[0] https://github.com/ether/pad/issues

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker