Using something better than Gobby for session notes at UDS

Dave Walker DaveWalker at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 24 20:27:59 UTC 2011

On 24/03/11 19:57, Jorge O. Castro wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 3:39 PM, Scott Kitterman<scott at kitterman.com>  wrote:
>> IIRC when Etherpad was demonstrated at a recent UDS, it crashed almost
>> instantly when a UDS scale audience tried it.
> That's because it was on one of Daviey's personal servers and he had
> no warning and we killed all the hamsters inside. We'd have to do
> something with proper hardware.

Yes, it was a minimal virtual instance which runs
http://pad.ubuntu-uk.org (and some other etherpad domains), which is
allocated enough resources for daily use.  I didn't have warning that it
was going to have increased demand.  Had I of, I would have allocated
more resources.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker