Server Team 20110322 meeting minutes

Clint Byrum clint at
Thu Mar 24 05:51:38 UTC 2011


Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online with        
the irc logs here:        

==== Meeting Actions ====

* Daviey to talk with wider docs team regarding translations (deferred)
* Daviey to post another followup one euca-dhcp bug.
* SpamapS to put his version of ubuntuserver-minutes in directions for writing

==== Natty Development ====

* Nothing much to report here. The Work Items Tracker for beta1 seems to
suggest we are a bit behind and need to postpone some items.

==== Ubuntu Server Team Events ====

* Texas Linux Fest, April 2nd, kirkland and RoAkSoAx will be presenting
* MySQL Users Conference, April 13,14 - SpamapS presenting.
* Noted that UDS-O is coming soon. Sponsorship nominations due March 29

==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh) ====

* hggdh and Daviey are working on a problem with Eucalyptus and isc-dhcpd v4,
no word yet on the final resolution
* SpamapS and jhunt will be proposing jenkins jobs to test boot/shutdown in a
UDS-O session

==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb) ====

* smb wondered how disappointed users would be if an SRU to the lucid kernel
disabled NET_NS. hallyn believes that this is a popular component of LXC, even
if it is somewhat buggy in lucid. SpamapS agrees that it would be a very
unpopular move.

==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer) ====

* It would appear that sommer is no longer able to spend time working on the
Ubuntu Server Guide or attend these meetings, and so we may need to seek more
help with maintaining the server guide.

==== Weekly Updates & Questions from the Ubuntu Community ====

* kim0 noted that the virtual event, UbuntuCloudDays is happening March 23/24,
and several server team members are presenting (soren, Daviey, SpamapS)

==== Open Discussion ====

* hally had brought up that the duplication required of the meeting chair to
publish the meeting minutes was somewhat annoying. SpamapS pointed out his
branch of Mathias Gug's old ubuntuserver-meeting tool sends to multiple
addresses at once, and allows the writer to create just one copy of the

==== Agree on next meeting date and time ====

* Tuesday, March 29 2011 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting

More information about the ubuntu-devel mailing list