Call for testing: Aubergine-love for Server folks!

Scott Kitterman scott at kitterman.com
Mon Mar 21 00:51:03 UTC 2011

Dustin Kirkland <kirkland at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>Cool?

Mostly it looks to me like you breaking feature freeze and only partly cleaning up the mess. It's great you made it configurable. Now please make the old behavior the default so that other Ubuntu (the project) flavors aren't forced to either accept broken (for them) branding or stop working on other things they'd planned on to get ready for Beta 1.

Configurability is good, but please either provide patches or make the old behavior default.

>As for building your alternate CDs, the actual system or process that
>builds your CDs will need to have the newt-palette alternative that
>you want.  I don't know how your alternate ISOs are built, but I think
>it should be as simple as calling the update-alternatives command
>above in your scripts that generate ISOs.
>
>Hopefully that helps you and other downstreams of Ubuntu!

Xubuntu is no more a downstream of Ubuntu than Ubuntu Server. Several flavors of Ubuntu get released together every cycle. That's not an upstream/downstream relationship.

Scott K