Merge-o-Matic is broken

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 16 01:31:19 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 04:57:45PM +0100, Artur Rona wrote:
> Since some time (probably 15th Feb) Merge-o-Matic has been hanged and
> did not update database anymore. Now it looks like turned off - Internal
> Server Error. What is the status of MoM?

This was caused by a combination of a dpkg change that needed to be
backported to hardy (which the merges.ubuntu.com host currently runs)
and eventually the host running out of disk space (which tends to happen
after it's been failing for a while, because the amount of temporary
space it uses is proportional to the size of the update it needs to
perform).  And then, slightly embarrassingly, I forgot to turn the cron
jobs back on after making sure it was working properly.

It's all fixed now.

> Is it going to be removed?

Please don't infer such things from temporary failures.  There are no
plans to remove or disable merges.ubuntu.com.

Regards,