Patch Pilot Report 2011-06-17

Scott Moser smoser at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 17 20:57:33 UTC 2011

- uscan should support parsing s3 bucket listings
  http://pad.lv/798293
  Deleted the merge proposal (it was mine), and let it possibly come
  through debian.

- modglue version 1.17-2 failed to build on i386
  http://pad.lv/755920
  debdiff attached looks very straight forward, and fixes a FTBFS

- lp:~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/oneiric/base-files/oneiric-201105041859
  I'm not really sure what is expected here, but its the oldest item
  in the queue.  I just looked at the 2 branches and merged them, put a diff of
  Scott's tree at http://paste.ubuntu.com/628527/ . The diff is
  straight forward , but assumes / creates we have /run.

-  lp:~marcelstimberg/ubuntu/natty/epdfview/fix-for-783109
   http://pad.lv/783109
   The merge is not needed in oneiric.  Daniel suggested the bug be
   applied to Natty in an SRU. I'm not sure if the merge should be
   left open to track that, or if it should be closed and then basically
   re-submitted as an SRU fix.

   I'm fairly sure that the status of the merge is incorrect. It should
   not be "Needs Fixing"

- lp:~pali/ubuntu/natty/plymouth/plymouth
  https://code.launchpad.net/~pali/ubuntu/natty/plymouth/plymouth/+merge/61897
  Pali has done some good work adding support for scrolling boot log
  messages in plymouth.  I tried re-iterate a request that pitti had made
  for Pali to attempt to get the patches into Plymouth upstream.

  It seemed to me that cjwatson and pitti were agreement that they'd like
  to see the changes go upstream before pulling them into Ubuntu, and as a
  result I don't think this item should be on the queue at the moment.

  He's also made 2 other merge proposals that are in the queue and
  dependent on his changes to plymouth at:
   lp:~pali/ubuntu/oneiric/kubuntu-default-settings/kubuntu-default-settings
   lp:~pali/ubuntu/oneiric/initramfs-tools/initramfs-tools

- pygame version 1.9.1release-0ubuntu2 failed to build on i386
  https://code.launchpad.net/~dpolehn-gmail/pygame/fix-755980/+merge/63427
  reviewed the merge proposal, gave the submitter some feedback.