New Launchpad feature: Diff between Sid and Oneiric

Julian Edwards julian.edwards at canonical.com
Fri Jun 17 14:28:07 UTC 2011

On Thursday 16 June 2011 13:46:41 Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Thursday, June 16, 2011 01:25:05 AM Steve Kowalik wrote:
> > On 16/06/11 16:11, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > > This new page still offers substantially less functionality than
> > > MoM/grab-merge.  If you want to mark merges as in progress or leave
> > > merge related notes for other developers, MoM is the place to do that.
> >
> > Then file bugs! And please tag them 'derivation'.
>
> If it's a goal of the Launchpad team to have this be suitable to replace
> MoM then rather than me file stacks of bugs it would probably be a more
> useful use of everyone's time for whoever in the Launchpad team is driving
> this to go look at MoM and see what's missing.
>
> Just to get you started though, it apparently needs to be faster if one
> wants to load a single page with a lot of packages.  See OOPS-1993DY5 for
> details.

Scott

Next time you report an OOPS about timeouts can you please disclose the fact
that you URL hacked[1] the batch size to 300 instead of using the default 50.

I just heard that there is a Greasemonkey script that sets batch sizes to 300.
If anyone is using this and gets timeouts then I strongly suggest you turn it
off as we're likely to ignore your cries for help.

[1] From our OOPS report:
QUERY_STRING: start=1&batch=300