New Launchpad feature: Diff between Sid and Oneiric

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Thu Jun 16 20:25:23 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 11:59:21AM -0400, Cody A.W. Somerville wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 10:39 AM, Daniel Holbach <daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com>wrote:
> > The way I read the mails up until now, I couldn't see anyone suggesting
> > to remove current infrastructure or resources.
> >

> Bryce wrote in his opening e-mail 'This includes a comment area to allow
> packagers to mark merges they're working on or leave notes for other
> packagers'. Some might understand this e-mail to suggest developers should
> start using this new feature for the purpose Bryce suggested instead of MoM.

Poor phrasing on my part.  Like I clarified later this isn't intended to
replace any of our own infrastructure, there's features we require that
aren't yet implemented.  Some are in the works already, others may be
worth proposing as follow on work.

I'm not not a launchpad developer, however I am attempting to help
improve the transparency between ubuntu and launchpad.  I want to help
raise feedback from ubuntu folks with the launchpad devs so our needs
get appropriate prioritization, and also figure folks on this list would
appreciate having some heads up on coming changes to Launchpad.
Sometimes the changes have implications to our own workflows, so I
figure the earlier we recognize the implications the easier we can
handle them.

Certainly the last thing I want to do is demotivate anyone or cause
dissention on ubuntu-devel@; if that's the case, the added transparency
probably isn't worth it.

Bryce