release cadence for Q and R

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Thu Jun 16 06:17:04 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 09:41:49PM -0500, Ted Gould wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 14:48 -0700, Allison Randal wrote:
> > A few practical considerations I ran through:
> >
> > - Release on Oct 11 means UDS on Oct 29-Nov 2 (the week of Halloween)
> > - Release on Oct 18 means UDS on Nov 5-9
> > - Release on Oct 25 means UDS on Nov 12-17 (the week before Thanksgiving)
>
> Does UDS have to be a fixed number of days from the release?

If we're looking to permanently align schedules, then +1 for UDS on Nov
5-9.  Many of us have kids and it would not be pleasant to set things up
such that we *always* miss Halloween.  The week before Thanksgiving
might work, but seems like some people get hit by Ubuflu or Icelandic
volcanoes or whatever, so guess it could be risky for folks.

Bryce