release cadence for Q and R

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 16 05:14:28 UTC 2011

Allison Randal [2011-06-13 23:57 -0700]:
> Q: October 18, 2012 (25 weeks)
> R: April 18, 2013 (26 weeks)
>
> And after that follow a more-or-less 26/26 split (barring interference
> by international holidays, etc). Would this change be helpful or harmful
> for you?

That sounds better indeed. People are usually on summer vacation for
two weeks, and take roughly two weeks off over christmas/new year, so
holiday wise it should be pretty even as well.

If we want to have different cycle lenghts, I'd prefer making the
winter cycle longer, as the LTSes are the April ones.

Martin