Allowing filing bugs on unpublished packages that have an official branch

Francis J. Lacoste francis.lacoste at canonical.com
Fri Jun 3 17:41:55 UTC 2011

Hi,

We are trying to make distribution objects in Launchpad useful for other
distribution-like project. (The main use case is to manage the set of Ensemble
formulas known-as Principia.)

As part of that work, we are going to change the rules according to which a
sourcepackage is available as a bug target (bug #781993). Currently, you can
only select a sourcepackage that was published in the target series. In the
principia case which doesn't publish packages, that isn't useful.

We are thinking of extending the set of valid target to package which have an
official branch on the series.

It shouldn't change anything in Ubuntu unless you set official package
branches on package which haven't yet been published in the series. But the
current UDD set-up doesn't do that.

Any objections?

--
Francis J. Lacoste