Python 3.1 eradication in Oneiric

Barry Warsaw barry at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 3 21:30:51 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I've just finished the set of no-change uploads to rebuild arch:any packages
that depend on Python 3, in order to remove Python 3.1 support from them.
Previously, python3-defaults was sync'd to Debian's 3.2-2 (both now at 3.2-3)
which dropped support for Python 3.1.  Some packages may still be building.

I've also filed this bug to remove python3.1 and its binary packages from
Oneiric:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python3.1/+bug/792581

Here are the source packages and their status.  The packages that did not need
uploads had already been uploaded after python3-defaults, so didn't have
Python 3.1 .so files in them anymore.

* boost1.46
  - oneiric 1.46.1-5ubuntu1
  - sid     1.45.1-5
  - status: 1.46.1-5ubuntu2 (no change) uploaded
* jinja2
  - oneiric 2.5.5-5
  - sid     2.5.5-5
  - status: 2.5.5-5build1 uploaded
* lxml
  - oneiric 2.3-0.1
  - sid     2.3.0.1
  - status: 2.3-0.1build1 uploaded
* markupsafe
  - oneiric 0.12-2
  - sid     0.12-2
  - status: 0.12-2build1 uploaded
* mod-wsgi
  - oneiric 3.3-2ubuntu2
  - sid     3.3-2
  - status: 3.3-2ubuntu3 (no change) uploaded
* python-apt
  - oneiric 0.8.0~exp4ubuntu1
  - sid     0.8.0
  - status: no upload required
* python-bsddb3
  - oneiric 5.1.2-1
  - sid     5.1.2-1
  - status: 5.1.2-1build1 uploaded
* python3-stdlib-extensions
  - oneiric 3.2-4
  - sid     3.2-4
  - status: no upload required
* pyyaml
  - oneiric 3.09-5ubuntu2
  - sid     3.10-1
  - status: ScottK uploaded
* sip4
  - oneiric 4.12.1-1
  - sid     4.12.1-1
  - status: no upload required
* zope.interface
  - oneiric 3.6.1-1
  - sid     3.6.1-1
  - status: 3.6.1-1build1 uploaded

Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

Cheers,
-Barry