Patch pilot report, 2011-06-03.
themuso at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 3 02:49:44 UTC 2011
here is what I got covered in my shift today.
After requesting that SRU paperwork be filled out, regression potential, rationale etc on IRC, and having that request resolved by the reporter, I uploaded the diff with a slight change to the version number, to prevent a version clash.
ACKed after some tests were done to make sure some alternative build depends were resolved correctly.
Set to needs fixing due to FTBFS. Some changes were made in debian/control which need to be documented.
Bug 788473: Uploaded
Thanks to Evan Broder, merged code from these 3 branches, and uploaded. Evan's branch already had change from one of vanvugt's branches, plus changelog entries, which made things a little easier to finish off.
Question: Should we encourage contributors to put all fixes to a package in one branch, or should separate branches as per above be used? For working on code I accept that separate branches for separate fixes is acceptable, but for packaging I feel it makes a little more work, as one has to go hunting for extra bits to put into an upload. Thoughts? Happy to work either way regardless.
This fix was already uploaded, but the branch was not marked as such, marked approved.
Suggested that this go upstream to Debian, as this change would be beneficial to all.
Only one of these was in the queue, but both were worthy of an SRU. merged both branches, did the SRU paperwork in the bugs, and uploaded to natty-proposed. However I was unable to push to lp:ubuntu/natty-proposed/bcmwl or lp:ubuntu/natty/bcmwl, the latter being read-only, which is fair enough. The error I got when trying to push to lp:ubuntu/natty-proposed/bcmwl was:
bzr: ERROR: Server sent an unexpected error: ('error', '<Fault -1: "Unexpected Zope exception: TypeError: (\'Could not adapt\', <SuiteSourcePackage ubuntu/natty-proposed/bcmwl>, <InterfaceClass lp.code.interfaces.branchtarget.IBranchTarget>)">')
More information about the ubuntu-devel