Patch pilot report, 2011-06-03.

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 3 02:49:44 UTC 2011

here is what I got covered in my shift today.

Bug 790960:

After requesting that SRU paperwork be filled out, regression potential, rationale etc on IRC, and having that request resolved by the reporter, I uploaded the diff with a slight change to the version number, to prevent a version clash.

Bug 791488:

ACKed after some tests were done to make sure some alternative build depends were resolved correctly.

lp:~cmiller/ubuntu/oneiric/picard/0.14-0u1:

Set to needs fixing due to FTBFS. Some changes were made in debian/control which need to be documented.

Bug 788473: Uploaded

lp:vanvugt/ubuntu/oneiric/mediatomb/fix-212441,
lp:~broder/ubuntu/oneiric/mediatomb/fix-212441-and-770964,
lp:~vanvugt/ubuntu/oneiric/mediatomb/fix-770964-784431:

Thanks to Evan Broder, merged code from these 3 branches, and uploaded. Evan's branch already had change from one of vanvugt's branches, plus changelog entries, which made things a little easier to finish off.

Question: Should we encourage contributors to put all fixes to a package in one branch, or should separate branches as per above be used? For working on code I accept that separate branches for separate fixes is acceptable, but for packaging I feel it makes a little more work, as one has to go hunting for extra bits to put into an upload. Thoughts? Happy to work either way regardless.

lp:~valavanisalex/ubuntu/oneiric/gnuplot/bug-627592:

This fix was already uploaded, but the branch was not marked as such, marked approved.

lp:~evfool/synaptic/fix791135:

Suggested that this go upstream to Debian, as this change would be beneficial to all.

lp:~vanvugt/ubuntu/oneiric/bcmwl/fix-776165,
lp:~vanvugt/ubuntu/oneiric/bcmwl/fix-776439:

Only one of these was in the queue, but both were worthy of an SRU. merged both branches, did the SRU paperwork in the bugs, and uploaded to natty-proposed. However I was unable to push to lp:ubuntu/natty-proposed/bcmwl or lp:ubuntu/natty/bcmwl, the latter being read-only, which is fair enough. The error I got when trying to push to lp:ubuntu/natty-proposed/bcmwl was:
bzr: ERROR: Server sent an unexpected error: ('error', '<Fault -1: "Unexpected Zope exception: TypeError: (\'Could not adapt\', <SuiteSourcePackage ubuntu/natty-proposed/bcmwl>, <InterfaceClass lp.code.interfaces.branchtarget.IBranchTarget>)">')

Luke