"What I like least in Ubuntu"

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 25 14:35:33 UTC 2011

Hello,

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 04:10:37PM +0200, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:

> > I think it's a fair point that UCD is confusing.  What it means is "Ubuntu
> > member that got their membership based on development contribution and not
> > some other kind".  Do we really need a different name for this?  It might be
> > more clear to just have the DMB grant Ubuntu membership by name rather than
> > have a separate name/team that doesn't actually mean anything different.
>
> I think that when someone wants to apply for PPU (like me) then
> documentation should be more clear that UCD and PPU can be done at same
> time. Or UCD status should be given to PPU automatically.

It is (well, membership via ~ubuntu-dev):

  Per-package uploaders [...] are implicitly considered Ubuntu Members

from https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopers#PerPackage

I just updated that page a bit. It's probably not clear enough that UCD
is 'just' Ubuntu Membership granted by the DMB. Please help me out by
finding a way to clarify this.

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain at orangesquash.org.uk ]