build-from-branch into the primary archive

Christopher James Halse Rogers raof at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 28 01:52:14 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-02-24 at 09:20 +0100, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Steve Langasek [2011-02-19 11:48 -0800]:
> > That sounds reasonable to me.  How do you gpg sign a tag in bzr?  I've never
> > seen any information about this in the UDD documentation.
>
> Neither have I, I'm eager to learn whether and how that works as well.
> But I think it's a prerequisite to maintain the current GPG strength
> security.

bzr sign-my-commits (unsurprisingly!) adds a GPG signature to all the
commits you've made in the branch, and there's an option exposed in the
bzr configuration capplet in bzr-gtk to always sign your commits.

I'm not aware of any way of signing a tag, although simply requiring all
top-level commits to the Ubuntu branch be GPG-signed would probably be
sufficient.

Chris