build-from-branch into the primary archive

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Sat Feb 19 15:44:22 UTC 2011

Scott Kitterman [2011-02-19 10:09 -0500]:
> On Saturday, February 19, 2011 08:47:04 am Martin Pitt wrote:
> >
> > While we shouldn't disable it in general, ever (see my other reply),
> > I'd highly welcome disabling dput on a per-package basis. I waste a
> > lot of time cleaning up behind people who just upload one of "my"
> > packages without committing their changes to bzr.
> >
> Except, as you know, they aren't yours.

I meant "packages which I (or desktop team in general) touch a lot".
But anyway, the ownership isn't important here, it's the process: if a
package has a careful and complete history in bzr, and often enough
unreleased stuff in it, it's a nuisance to see that being clobbered by
normal dput uploads which didn't respect the Vcs-Bzr: field.

Martin