Patch Pilot Report

Dustin Kirkland kirkland at canonical.com
Fri Feb 11 21:33:10 UTC 2011

Bug #708080 -- facter does not recognize KVM VMs as 'virtual'
 * sponsored SRU to Lucid and Maverick

Bug #697197 -- Empty password allows access to VNC in libvirt
 * ported debdiff to maverick-security
 * ported debdiff to lucid-security
 * uploaded to natty
 * asked submitted to post his diff to the qemu-devel mailing list for
upstream acceptance
 * invalidated other tasks

Bug #531912 -- /etc/init.d/ssh seems to work, but actually upstart is used
 * examined patch, looked good to me
 * pinged cjwatson in irc, he said he'd rather review it and merge/upload

Bug #693341 -- FTBFS armel due to memory exhaustion
 * looked good, uploaded

Bug #713237 -- shutdown segv due to race w/ free_waiter threads
 * looked good, uploaded

Next, I spent the rest of my day
preparing/building/testing/committing/uploading qemu-kvm
(0.13.0+noroms-0ubuntu15) natty.  My previous two uploads of qemu-kvm
to Natty failed because qemu-linaro is now building some binary
packages that qemu-kvm previously built.  qemu-kvm had not yet been
updated to prune those parts of the build out.  It took quite a while
to work over the build back to a functional state.

Note: I had to work my patch pilot day today from the customer lounge
at the VW dealership (getting some service done on wife's car).
Bazaar branches/checkouts require a LOT of bandwidth; something that I
don't notice so much working from home where I have sufficient
bandwidth, but on a low bandwidth connection, UDD is a PITA.  apt-get
source is much nicer.  Just saying...

--
:-Dustin

Dustin Kirkland