Kicking off the ubuntu-packaging-guide project

Barry Warsaw barry at ubuntu.com
Sat Feb 5 01:53:13 UTC 2011

On Feb 02, 2011, at 05:50 PM, Iain Lane wrote:

>We are ready to start the new Ubuntu Packaging Guide project. After long
>discussions we finally figured out a workflow for how we'll run the project.

I have a branch that integrates the UDD documentation from the wiki.  It also
fixes some typos, makes consistent some reST style, and other things.  Please
review at:

https://code.launchpad.net/~barry/ubuntu-packaging-guide/udd/+merge/48685

It'll need more work, but I think this branch is a decent first cut.  Next
week I'll work on folding in /usr/share/doc/bzr-builddeb/user_manual.

As soon as this is integrated, I'd like to publish the guide online somewhere
(even if at an interim location), and then disable editing of the UDD wiki
pages to prevent things from getting out of sync.  I'm happy to publish it on
one of my websites temporarily, though obviously an ubuntu.com address is the
ultimate location.

Cheers and have a good weekend,
-Barry